So it’s December, Winter is here, blah blah blah. I actually love Winter, but I hate the holiday season, because it’s all consumerist B.S. Bah humbug!
So let’s just get on with the merriment. Ho ho ho. As compared with the month of October, in November my Page Views went up – from 5,770 to 6,105. My number of Distinct Visitors also went up, from 2,365 to 2,741. So, yay! Many thanks to all who visited my blog, my readers are the very bestest!
Next: My standard disclaimer, and all that jazz:
Your Privacy is Important to Me: WordPress calculates who is a distinct person by their I.P. address. It also uses the I.P. address to deduce which country you live in. I myself can’t see I.P. addresses unless you leave a comment. In which case I can see your email address; and from that I COULD look up your I.P. if I were curious, which I am not.
Next: Before posting my usual “Parade of Nations”, this here is my nostalgic trip down memory lane. In which I narcissistically “look-back” through my own posts of the last month, self-assess them, and highlight a few which I think are particularly good, I call this feature:
Highlights of the Month
So, here we go:
- I started the month of November with this series about the Russian Health System, and the improvements needed therein.
- Followed by this piece about the sorry situation in Odessa, Ukraine. And what not to do about it, which includes inciting people to get themselves hurt!
- Speaking of the Ukraine, President Zelensky learned a hard truth about his supposed Military-Industrial Complex. Namely, they can’t build military stuff, they’ve lost their knack for industry, and they aren’t even much of a complex any more. Enough to give Zelensky an inferiority complex, though!
- And, OMG, can we not get off this Ukrainian rocking horse? Still another piece about the Ukrainian Schismatic Church. Well, it pays to have Uncle Sam as your benefactor: He can’t give you dignity or industry, but he can certainly give you Old Time Religion! Also beware of Greeks bearing … anything! — that’s the other moral of the story.
- This piece is pretty good, I think. It’s just an ordinary dinner conversation, but with only a little bit of work, it could be turned into an art film. Sort of like “My Dinner with Borat”, or something like that.
- And then I started getting into a couple of pieces about the Bolivian coup, only to discover that the Russian press has a mild pro-coup slant, IMHO. Or at least more neutrality than I think is proper is this day and age. Not to mention this other piece, which I think is pretty exciting, about a Russian reporter intervening in his own story, to save some poor shlub from an angry lynch mob.
- And the highpoint of the month, obviously was this review of Akhnaten at the Met. I think I even gained a few readers who just came for the opera and had no idea I also do news pieces from the Russian press. As Akhnaten himself would have remarked: “Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!” [rinse and repeat about 100 times]. Anyhow, new readers who like opera: I’ll have something super for you in February (we’re talking Porgy!), but until then you can amuse yourselves with my past oeuvres, just click up to the Search box and filter on the category “Opera”.
- And then finishing off the month of November with this important ground-breaking story about a goat and his dog posse, who are terrorizing an innocent Ukrainian town. Who knew that goats possessed such leadership skills? Oh wait, there is a new development: Turns out the goat was just taking his employees out for a team-building retreat; so urban parkour was just one of the skills, but the ignorant villagers didn’t understand…
And, that was it, my friends, for November 2019. But now it is time for that Pomp and Circumstance that everybody has been waiting for: Time to march on with the
Parade Of Nations
The 2,741 human beings (and not goats, I hope) who visited me in November hail from the following countries, in order of most to least page views. WordPress allows me to save these stats as a CSV file, from which I copy-pasted onto here:
|Hong Kong SAR China||9|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||5|
|United Arab Emirates||3|
|Trinidad & Tobago||2|
|Isle of Man||1|
|Macau SAR China||1|