Welcome to the august month of August. The word deriving from the Indo-European root *aug- meaning “increase”, “a wealth of”, etc.
And I am hoping that in August I shall be able to aug-ment my number of Readers, since July was a bit of a piffle. Namely, as compared with June, in July my Page Views went down – from 6,869 to 6,334. My number of Distinct Visitors also went down, from 3,493 to 3,095. But I should not be greedy, and I must remind myself, that when I first started this blog, I only ever expected to have a handful of readers. Being of a specialty niche, and all that. Still, I am seriously considering firing my current Marketing Staff and bringing the old gang back: Simon, Topsy, Little Eva, Cassy, Master George, and the others.
Next: My standard disclaimer:
Your Privacy is Important to Me: WordPress calculates who is a distinct person by their I.P. address. It also uses the I.P. address to deduce which country you live in. I myself can’t see I.P. addresses unless you leave a comment. In which case I can see your email address; and from that I COULD look up your I.P. if I were curious, which I am not.
Next: Before posting my usual “Parade of Nations”, this here is my nostalgic trip down memory lane. In which I narcissistically “look-back” through my own posts of the last month, self-assess them, and highlight a few which I think are particularly good, I call this feature:
Highlights of the Month
So, here we go, in chronological order:
- Origins of the Stalin-Tito quarrel always makes a good conversation piece, as I hope this 6-part series will show.
- A Caine Mutiny reference is always appropriate, especially when writing about Ukrainian Nationalists and their Facebook ramblings.
- Two-part Catfight involving Ukraine and Hungary.
- Not content with ticking off its good neighbor Hungary, Ukraine then proceeded to tick off the great nation of Slovakia as well. Some countries just can’t get along with other countries!
- I then left Slavic themes behind for a spell, indulging my TV side with this 5-part review of a fascinating Amazon mini-series, The Man In The High Castle. It doesn’t have gladiators, but it does have Nazis galore. Er, for those who are into that sort of thing…
- From Nazis to World Boxing, in one single step.
- And then on to this 2-parter filed under the Category “Navalniana”, as it involves Navalny’s second-in-command, and his future career and travel plans, in the context of a telephone prank.
- And finally, ending the month of July on a spiritual note, with this 4-parter about the Eastern Orthodox Church and the issue (or non-issue) of Ukrainian Autocephaly.
But now, my friends, it is time for that Pomp and Circumstance that everybody has been waiting for: Time to march on with the
Parade Of Nations
My 3,095 July visitors hail from the following countries, in order of most to least page views. WordPress allows me to save these stats as a CSV file, from which I copy-pasted onto here:
|United Arab Emirates||10|
|Hong Kong SAR China||8|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||5|
Thanks y’all, especially that one reader in Kiribati (wherever that is)!