So, today is July 2, I am one late day and a dollar short, as the Americans like to say! For science buffs only: With the passing of June, astronomers say that the days are going to start getting shorter now; this has something to do with the way that Earth and her twin planet circle the sun together, as shown by the picture below.
Now to the important statistics: As compared with May, in June my Page Views went up – from 6,455 to 6,869. Unfortunately, my number of Distinct Visitors went down slightly, from 3,523 to 3,493. Still, I reckon that is not too shabby. I should note that one of my distinct visitors left a hostile comment (which fell into the “Pending” bucket, waiting to be approved, as all new email addresses do) calling me lots of names, vatnik being the kindest one. Sticks and stones… Since the comment had political content, including expert use of the word maskirovka, and was not technically spam, I would have approved it all the same; except for the fact that the commenter’s email address was firstname.lastname@example.org which I somehow doubt is a real email address. Hence, I deleted the comment instead, and the world will never get to see that gem.
People: I will approve your pending comments, even if negative and hostile, and you don’t even have to use a real email address, but you may not use cuss words in your fake email addresses. Why? Because it’s childish, that’s why!
With that unpleasant matter out of the way, I thank you again, Visitors and Readers, I truly appreciate all of you, except for that one guy, I try to find interesting material, and I hope you enjoy reading my posts!
Next: My standard disclaimer:
Your Privacy is Important to Me: WordPress calculates who is a distinct person by their I.P. address. It also uses the I.P. address to deduce which country you live in. I myself can’t see I.P. addresses unless you leave a comment. In which case I can see your email address; and from that I COULD look up your I.P. if I were curious, which I am not.
Next: Before posting my usual “Parade of Nations”, this here is my nostalgic trip down memory lane. In which I narcissistically “look-back” through my own posts of the last month, self-assess them, and highlight a few which I think are particularly good, I call this feature:
Highlights of the Month
So, here we go, in chronological order:
- I started off the month of June with a 5-part series on Jewish Banderites, always a treat to behold. Actually, I doubt that these Lubavitch characters are actual Banderites, I think they are just sucking up to the real Banderites, for whatever ungodly reason.
- Next a 3-parter on the sociology of Russian patriotism, or lack thereof. This was in connection with the “Russia Day” holiday on June 12.
- And then, following along on that same thread, a 5-parter about the celebration of Russia Day in Jerusalem this year. (Well, you know what the Jews always say: “Next year in Jerusalem…”, but this year it actually happened.) And thus also peering into the complicated relationship between Russia and Israel, while learning some fascinating history about Russian-owned real estate in the Holy Land.
- On the Ukrainian theme, we had Gerashchenko’s ex-wife dissing him to the press, in this 3-parter.
- And then turning to the theme of football with a couple of posts, including this 2-parter with which I closed the month. In the course of writing that post I learned quite a lot about the Russian tourism industry. I am proud that Russia has turned out to be such a good host country for the World Cup, but I think there is a lot more that can be done to make life easier for the honorable tourist.
But now, my friends, it is time for that Pomp and Circumstance that everybody has been waiting for: Time to march on with the
Parade Of Nations
My 3,493 June visitors hail from the following countries, in order of most to least page views. WordPress allows me to save these stats as a CSV file, from which I copy-pasted onto here:
|Hong Kong SAR China||20|
|United Arab Emirates||7|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||1|
|Trinidad & Tobago||1|