Hello Readers, this is Bartleby Head Of Scrivening for Awful Avalanche. I would like to introduce a new member of our staff, Roderick Usher. Roderick will be in charge of collating the monthly statistics which determine our fate.
Greetings, Dear Readers, this is Roderick now. Prior to joining Awful Avalanche I worked for many years at a major compnay, developing Employee Engagement programs. With my sunny personality “Spirit Committee” was a natural for me. Hence, these drab metrics are a bit of a departure for me, but I shall do my best to please.
So, let’s get right to it. This month the numbers are DOWN DOWN DOWN. For Metric #1, i.e., the page views, compared to October, the number went down from 4,999 to 4,509. For Metric #2, which is the one we care about more, i.e., number of distinct visitors, the number also went down, from 2,756 to 2,246. So, boos and opprobium all around!
Bartleby: But… but Roderick, November was a shorter month. Not to mention that yalensis took a 4-day vacation! Maybe if we just had those extra days and those extra posts, then….
Roderick: No excuses! You are all worthless and weak. And I am going to tell my sister on you. Once I dig her out of the wall.
Bartleby (choking back tears): Before proceeding further, our Compliance Department requests that I add the usual yalensis disclaimer, even though I would prefer not to:
Your Privacy is Important to Me: WordPress calculates who is a distinct person by their I.P. address. It also uses the I.P. address to deduce which country you live in. I myself can’t see I.P. addresses unless you leave a comment. In which case I can see your email address; and from that I COULD look up your I.P. if I were curious, which I am not.
This is yalensis speaking now. Thank you for posting the ledger book, Roderick. I appreciate your positive attitude, and the fact that you have not immured me alive in your spooky castle just yet.
Before posting my usual “Parade of Nations”, this here is my nostalgic trip down memory lane. In which I narcissistically “look-back” through my own posts of the last month, self-assess them, and highlight a few which I think are particularly good, I call this feature:
Highlights of the Month
So, here we go, in chronological order:
- I started off the month with an edgy 5-parter about the Ethnic Issue in modern Russia. Never one to beat around the bush, no, not I! Using an op-ed by Irina Alksnis as my starting point, I wrote about post-Soviet attempts to redefine the nature of the “Russian people”, while moving away from Leninist definitions of “nationalities” policies.
- Then, a 3-parter about an incident local to Crimea, possibly involving the corruption of a building contractor, but taking the opportunity to also educate (and joke a bit) about Potemkin Villages, and the like.
- My humorous piece on the Rada fight generated some buzz and got several pingbacks.
- And then, BOOM! Most of the rest of the month was taken up by Lyttenburgh’s marathon 7-parter about the abysmal state of modern Russian culture. For those of you who didn’t read this yet, you need to! Lyttenburgh, like an Old Testament prophet, brings fire and brimstone down on the “creative class”. Their utter mendacity is a threat to our entire way of life, and that’s no joke!
- Still licking my wounds from Lyttenburgh’s sharp rapier, I then ended the month of November with my own 2-part Kultur-Kritique, this time about a figure skating program which I personally liked, but Westie media did not. Too uplifting, I reckon. Westies would rather see a dancing Hitler, or even shit in a can than an actual tribute to Holocaust victims!
But now we have a reeeely big shew to get underway, so everybody grab your banners and batons — it’s time to march on with the
Parade Of Nations
My 2,246 November visitors hailed from the following countries, in order of most to least page views. WordPress allows me to save these stats as a CSV file, from which I copy-pasted onto here. So, voilà:
|United Arab Emirates||42|
|Congo – Kinshasa||5|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||2|
|Hong Kong SAR China||2|
|Trinidad & Tobago||2|
|Antigua & Barbuda||1|
|Macau SAR China||1|
Peoples Of the World: Thank you for visiting my blog, please come back, and please post some comments!