Hello everybody, this is Bartleby Senior Scrivener and Project Manager of the Analytics and Metrics Division of Awful Avalanche, once again delivering the monthly numbers to you, our Readers Without further ado, here are the raw metrics for September, as compared to August:
For Metric #1, i.e., the page views, compared to August, the number went down from 3,902 to 3,600. Wow, that’s a nice even number, what are the odds — never mind, don’t tell me. For Metric #2, which is the one we care about more, i.e., number of distinct visitors, the number also down, but only slightly, from 1,742 to 1,700. Another nice even number! Again, what are the odds? Again — never mind! You can’t make this stuff up, and I didn’t, it’s all there on the WordPress Stats page. And for those who are into numerology: If you add the numbers 3600 + 1700 you get 5300. Which is a very special number. It’s not a prime number, but each of the digits is prime, and the whole thing is actually the product of 5 prime numbers – yes! What are the odds of that??!
Before proceeding further, our staff of Consulting Analysts requests that I add the usual yalensis disclaimer, even though I would prefer not to:
Your Privacy is Important to Me: WordPress calculates who is a distinct person by their I.P. address. It also uses the I.P. address to deduce which country you live in. I myself can’t see I.P. addresses unless you leave a comment. In which case I can see your email address; and from that I COULD look up your I.P. if I were curious, which I am not.
This is yalensis speaking now. Thank you once again for posting the ledger book, Bartleby. Now please attend your remedial lesson in mathematics. And stop drawing those Fibonacci rabbits on the corporate whiteboard — you are not going to achieve anything, nor make any sense of those numbers, other than the fact that views and visitors fluctuate from month to month. As one of my old Lebanese mentors in Marketing once explained to me: “The sales they go up, and the sales they go down.”
Before posting my usual “Parade of Nations”, this here is my nostalgic trip down memory lane. In which I narcissistically “look-back” through my own posts of the last month, self-assess them, and highlight a few which I think are particularly good, I call this feature:
Highlights of the Month
So, here we go, in chronological order:
- I started off September with a pretty good one, if I do say so myself, my two-parter on Putin meeting with Great Britain’s Golden Youth. And any piece with a Guy Burgess reference has to be worth reading!
- Next, this one, on the trials and tribulations, but also some keen opportunities, of being a small Separatist country.
- Next, my 3-parter on the Chechen Wars of the 1990’s. Using my translation skills for the cause of Good, namely real historical analysis, without cheap shots or overt propaganda.
- But speaking of cheap shots, every now then a good catfight is in order, and it is always a pleasure to see a nice-looking Russian lady tearing out Samantha (“Genocide”) Power’s mean and stringy hair.
- Next I went off in a new direction, diving head first into the always-thorny topic of American race relations, with my 3-part review of the new Matthew McConaughey movie, “The Free State of Jones”. If my review got even one person to see, and enjoy, this great film, then it served its purpose. And speaking of entertainment reviews, approximately one week from today I will no doubt, unless it stinks, which I doubt, write a review the new Metropolitan Opera production of Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde. So, Wagner fans, please try to contain your impatience until then.
- Last but not least, as King Lear used to say to his dead daughter, Cordelia, just yesterday I posted this piece about Terrorists and Caliphates and Kirbies. In the blogging trade we call this a “red meat” piece, and indeed it received a positive reaction from at least some of my readers!
Be that as it may, it is now time to march on with the
Parade Of Nations
My 1,700 September visitors tied clickety messages to their pigeons feets and flew in from the following countries, in order of most to least page views. WordPress allows me to save these stats as a CSV file, from which I copy-pasted onto here. And once again, you math nerds out there, don’t bother posting a comment that the #Views adds up to 3,595 not 3,600. Once again, this is close enough for unpaid labor, and I do NOT have the time to research this discrepancy!
|United Arab Emirates||44|
|Hong Kong SAR China||3|
|Trinidad & Tobago||2|
People: Thank you for visiting my blog, stay safe out there, and please come back!