Today I had my staff at AwfulAvalanche close out our books not just for the month of December, but the whole year 2015. And good riddance! So once again:
Expenses – WordPress blogs are free – so NONE!
I don’t get paid to do this, I do it just for FUN!
And now [drumroll] for the metrics, so here are the numbers for the month of December, according to my trusty WordPress stats:
- AwfulAvalanche had 3,317 page views, up from 3,068 page views in November.
- The number of distinct people who visited my blog: 817. That’s only 7 people down from last month’s 824. Thank you very much for visiting, 817 people, whoever you are!
- The reason the number of distinct people is not the same as page views, is because one person might log in several times in the course of the month, to see the latest blogpost. In other words, like Willy Loman used to say: The key to good sales is Repeat Customers! Which I think is awesome!
- Once again, the yalensis disclaimer:
- Your Privacy is Important to Me: WordPress calculates who is a distinct person by their I.P. address. It also uses the I.P. address to deduce which country you live in. I myself can’t see I.P. addresses unless you leave a comment. In which case I can see your email address; and from that I COULD look up your I.P. if I were curious, which I am not, actually.
- Speaking of countries, my 817 December visitors cranked up their modems and dialed in from the following countries, in order of most to least page views. WordPress allows me to save these stats as a CSV file, from which I can handily just paste onto here:
United States 512 Australia 477 New Zealand 456 United Kingdom 448 Russia 298 Canada 253 Mexico 131 Germany 89 France 79 Romania 70 Vietnam 60 Czech Republic 59 Brazil 43 Spain 43 Slovakia 31 Guatemala 23 India 19 Finland 18 Italy 17 Malaysia 16 Ukraine 12 Slovenia 11 Netherlands 11 Sweden 10 Hungary 10 Turkey 9 Poland 7 Argentina 7 European Union 7 South Africa 7 Norway 7 Singapore 6 Greece 6 Indonesia 5 Latvia 4 Belgium 4 Switzerland 3 Estonia 3 Serbia 3 United Arab Emirates 3 Ireland 3 Taiwan 3 Georgia 3 South Korea 3 Lithuania 3 Denmark 3 Thailand 2 Austria 2 Israel 2 Trinidad & Tobago 2 Lebanon 2 Philippines 1 Bosnia & Herzegovina 1 Portugal 1 Libya 1 Bulgaria 1 Iceland 1 Chile 1 Pakistan 1 U.S. Virgin Islands 1 Ghana 1 Luxembourg 1
I hope people found something interesting to read, please post comments, thanks again, everybody!